Recently, I purchased the Elasta QP Olive Oil Mango Curl Defining Pudding ($5.99 15 oz. Walgreen’s, Drugstore.com) from a local store. In this post, I’m going to review the product.
Moisturizing butter of mango and olive oil gives frizz control, bounce and definition for soft elongated curl texture. Perfect for curly, kinky-doily and frizzy textures to soften, silken and moisturize leaving your curls feeling like silk.
Ingredients (I’ve eliminated some scientific names for easier reading)
First Five Ingredients:
Water, soybean oil, hydrogenated vegetable oil, olive oil, mango butter
Argan oil, coconut oil, shea butter, rosemary extract, dimethicone, aloe vera, Phenyl Trimethicone, Panax Ginseng Root Extract,
Glycerin, Polyquaternium 11, Steareth 2, Steareth 20, DMDM Hydantoin, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Carbomer, PEG 150 Distearate,
PEG 12 Dimethicone, Carrot Oil, Fragrance, Benzyl Benzoate, Citral, Citronellal, d-Limonene, Geraniol, Lilial, Linalool
Apply liberally to clean, conditioned hair. Apply using fingers or wide tooth comb to evenly distribute from roots to the ends of your hair. Allow your curls to air dry. For maximum curl elongation repeat process above twice and air dry.
Styling Uses: Excellent for Fingerstyle, 2 Strand Twist and Spiral Rod Sets. Transitioners can apply to blend textures. Texturizers can define curls and waves.
How I applied it. (I basically followed the directions on the jar):
- I washed my hair with Shea Moisture Moisture Retention Shampoo
- I conditioned with Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deep Moisture Conditioner. Why y’all ain’t tell me about this product sooner? #wecantbefriends My hair loves it!
- I twisted my hair up and let it dry over night. I don’t like to style wet hair because, although shrinkage is a sign of healthy hair, me and her ain’t cool like that. #shebeactinup
- After my hair was stretched, I dampened each section, applied as product as I need to so that each strand would be covered, sealed with a little grape seed oil, and braided it up. I don’t do twist outs that often because they shrink and they always get flattened when I sleep.
- The next day, I took the braids down, fluffed it (just a little too much), and put it up in a forward high puff. (I love puffs. I’m genetically incapable of wearing my hair out. #imnotdoingit