Akilah, also known as Smoothiefreak on YouTube, has created a funny a video that makes fun of the way natural hair videos are made.
In the video she address common motifs such as:
- 30 seconds of self-indulgent hair angles
- unnecessary apologies of how you haven’t made videos in a while
- long pauses that could have been cut
- Talking to people off camera who the audience cannot see
- Tricking people into buying products that they just started using
- Doing length checks when your hair hasn’t grown.
I know this video is going piss of a few natural hair YouTubers, but I find it hilarious and, for the most part, pretty accurate.
Take a peek below.
p.s. This is the woman who also created the “Meet Your First Black Girlfriend” video.