There are a variety of ways you can use extensions to twist your hair. The most common are kinky twists, Senegalese twists and havana twists. This post will explain the difference between the three.
Kinky twists, also known as marley twists, are simplest of the the three. It is usually done with marley hair which comes in pre-separated section. I recommend Equal and Janet Collection marley hair because I’ve used both these brands before. To install kinky twists:
- Take one piece of marley hair and bend it about half-way through the section.
- Separate the strands, and make sure the ends of the hair taper off. This makes the end of the twist appear natural.
- Place that bend around the section of hair that you want to attach the hair to. At this point you should have three pieces of hair.
- Start braiding for about an inch.
- Twist all the way down to the end. Use gel and twist tightly so the twist does not unravel.
- Take a scissors or razor and shave off excess hair.
- Dip twist in boiling water for neat effect.